21 Nov Holiday Entertaining Tips During COVID-19
The holiday season is here, and while many large gatherings to celebrate the holidays are off the table this year, hosting virtual or low-contact smaller affairs can still help you feel close to friends and family in 2020. Consider modifying your plans to reduce the spread of COVID-19 to keep your friends, families, and communities healthy and safe. While the CDC does not provide a limit to the number of people at your family celebrations, they do encourage preventative measures to ensure the safety of everyone attending your party who do not live in your household.
If you’re looking to host smaller, socially-distanced holiday parties at home, here are some common-sense tips that will allow participating in the festivities safely this year.
- Wear a mask when not eating or drinking or within 6 feet of guests.
- Spread seating apart at the dinner table. Try to maintain 6 feet distance where possible.
- Encourage folks to wash hands frequently. Keep hand sanitizer readily available.
- Clean high-touch surfaces often.
- Avoid buffets, passed plates, punch bowls, or other family-style serving.
- Consider single-use disposable containers, dinnerware, and utensils.
- Consider limiting your gathering to two hours.
The holidays will be different this year, which is very sad, but better to be safe, than sorry, right?
Philadelphia catering companies like Eatible Delights can help cater to your socially-distanced holiday party. Let us do the cooking. Call 215-236-3900.